SURF LIFE SAVING AUSTRALIA COMMITMENT STATEMENT
Surf Life Saving (SLS) is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all Children & Young People (CYP) who are involved in SLS. Our policies and procedures seek to address risks to child safety and to establish child safe culture and practices in line with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations.
We promote equity, respect and diversity by:
- actively anticipating CYP’s diverse circumstances and responding effectively to those with additional vulnerabilities;
- providing all CYP access to information, support and reporting processes;
- empowering CYP by giving them a voice and encouraging them to speak up on decisions that affect them;
- creating a fun and positive environment for CYP to be involved in; and
- paying attention to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander CYP, CYP with a disability, CYP who identify as LGBTIQ and CYP from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The SLSA Board endorses the Child Safe commitment to keeping CYP safe from abuse and neglect.
John Baker ESM
Child Safe Officers
Ph: 0416 322 573
Ph: 0488 585 145
Member Protection Officer
Ph: 0414 510 702
West Beach SLSC adhere to these policies and provide a safe environment for our youth. Please download the documents below.
Child Safe Policy
Member Protection Policy
West Beach SLSC comprises an organisation involving people from all different cultures, religions, abilities and we welcome all. SLSA operates across Australia and engages our members through our programs and activities.
In Surf Life Saving we commit deliver a safe, fair and inclusive environment for all members through our affiliation to Surf Lifesaving Australia.
Inclusion and Diversity