The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to maintain or restore breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant. The course content is based on the policies and standards of the Australian Resuscitation Council.
- Casualty assessment
- Emergency action principles – DRSABCD
- External cardiac compressions (CPR)
- Use of an automated external defibrillator
- One and two person CPR techniques
- Adult, infant and child CPR rates and techniques
- Procedure for placing a patient in the recovery position
First Aid course are run from Surf Life Saving South Australia, please click here to enrol.
First Aid Syllabus
Advanced First Aid